As a job seeker who’s looking to get the next job (or maybe the first), preparing for an interview is a critical thing and is often accompanied by lots of stress and expectations. Part of such preparations is having the right set of Interview Dos and Donts which will help you be ready. Below is a list of such items .. be ready for the test…the interview test!
- Don’t criticize your former employer, even if it was Osama Bin Laden.
- Do show as presentable as possible, you will be judged upon your look.
- Don’t use cigarettes with perfume, quit smoking for that day. An advice, stop smoking to keep a good health.
- Do show self confidence and never use forceful words. Be SMOOTH.
- Do talk about what matters, never let your personal life get into your meeting.
- Your interview time belongs to your interviewer. You have something else, adjourn it!
- Do mention your weaknesses alongside your strengths; it is a truthful conversation.
- Experiences that you passed through would only matter based on what you learned from them.
- Look up always for interesting items, photos, awards, anything to relate to.
- Do limit your examples to what relates to the job description.
Following these Interview Dos and Donts will provide you with some essentials to look for while passing through your interview. My personal favorite advice is to never criticize your former employer, what would be yours?