Many organizations are still behind on the concept of proper Human Resources planning, and as part of this planning comes the use of the right tools to manage their Human Resources, and in particular in planning proper successors. Whether it is the cost, the reluctance of the management to change its old ways, or the lack of knowledge ¬†or leverage by the HR manager to push for a human resources management software, it will keep the company away from embarking the right path of the 21st century. And a key component of such tool would be a succession planning software.
Now if you are already managing your successors manually, then that is a first step (a bit old yes, but at least you’re doing something), but moving to the process of making use of a software will make all the difference there is. Now of course would it differ between a small and large organization? definitely! a small organization can manage to avoid the associated cost of such software since the needs are not as essential or as complex for larger organizations. Meanwhile for fairly large organizations (talking about 1,000 employees or larger), having the right succession planning software can be the line between success and failure. Why such a claim? Check out the benefits of having a succession planning software for your organization (these are key values which are provided by such solutions and which you need to look for when choosing the right software):
- Instantaneous view of all your key company positions and potential successors.
- Making sure you are not left out without a replacement for such key positions.
- Avoiding the risk of not planning your right hires for the upcoming period.
- Cutting down on complex sheets for keeping track of successors.
- Comparing and analyzing skills between employees and positions requirements.
- Searchable database of skills and planning the right successors based upon measurable criteria.
- Allowing participation of key decision makers in planning the right successors.
- Cutting down on cost and increasing profit as such software typically have high ROIs.
- Integration with other software for human resources management (especially career development and applicant tracking, preferably through a unified platform where the provider built all solutions in-house)