And this comes to no surprise! According to the fifth annual Employees’ Choice Awards conducted by glassdoor for the year 2012, Facebook has been voted the #1 best place to work 2013.
The social media giant got a ranking of 4.6 out of 5, giving a sense that the Employees are â€śVery Satisfiedâ€ť with the following stats:
- Culture & Values: 5/5
- Career Opportunities: 5/5
- Compensation & Benefits: 4/5
- Work/Life Balance: 4/5
- Senior Leadership: 5/5
According to an interview with some of the employees, and the VP of people, employees are really concentrated on the core values of Facebook, and this is what really attracts them to work there, and enjoy it!
97% of raters Approve of the CEO (355 ratings)
94% of employees recommend this company to a friend
“Our mission is to make the world more open and connected, and the people who work at Facebook really believe that,” says Lori Goler, VP of People – Facebook
Why Employees Love to Work at Facebook?
– Focus on impact. Facebook has lots of impact on people, on the world (you definitely have that when you have millions, sorry billions of people using your work), and smart people want to show their work, to make an impact.
– Contribution. Facebook is a great product, whether we like it or not; this automatically gives in a feeling of being proud to the employee to contribute in any way.
– Benefits & Stress Relief. With the benefits, the fun, and the stress free environment Facebook aims at providing, employees are more happy being at work, and to focus more on productivity.
– The People. Effectively it is the people that matter the most, and Facebook stresses this aspect through focusing on the people working as a team, autonomous teams, learning from each other.
â€śWorking at Facebook is Fantasticâ€ť – Current Project Manager in Menlo Park, CA
How Facebook Promotes Hiring?
In addition to all of the above, Facebook focuses on its image and the long term vision to keep it as the employer of choice, and the number 1 social media globally. Check out the message from Mark Zuckerberg
what are your thoughts?